Buying process for your gently used clothing and accessories
How the buying/resale program works:
- Start by going through your closet and deciding what you are not wearing. We like to use the rule of thumb that if you have not worn it in the last 6 months to a year, it might be time to let it go. Remember, just because it is not right for you, that doesn't mean it's not the perfect outfit for somebody else.
- Things to look for:
- Condition- We are looking for items that are in good condition. Free of wear, tears, stains, and orders. Basically, in a condition that you would feel comfortable buying used clothing.
- Style- We are looking for all style. of casual clothing, but we do not accept business or formal wear, if in doubt, give us a call and we can discuss, or you can bring it in, and we will professionally review your offers in the store. Keep in mind that the clothes that we are looking for are usually that season or the upcoming season. I.E., we will not be buying summer shorts in November.
- Clean- You will need to make sure that your items are freshly laundered to ensure that you are offered top dollar for your items.
- Bring your items in- Once you have decided what to sell (Remember we also purchase shoes, handbags, purses, jewelry, accessories), you simply need to put your items in a tote or laundry basket and bring them in, please do not bring the items in garbage bags or on coat hangers. I will go through your clothes while you standby, this process usually take 5 to 10 minutes, and we would prefer you stay in the shop if possible so that the clothes are picked up in a timely manner. No appointment is needed, and we buy every day that we are open.
- After reviewing your items, we will show you which items we are willing to purchase and offer you a price for those items. If you accept, you will be paid cash on the spot, or you can choose to have your agreed upon price issued as a store credit at a rate of +20% of the cash offer. I.E., if you are offered 40 dollars for your outfits, you can choose $40 cash, or $48 in store credit issued as a gift card that you can use in store or online.
- Clothes can be left at the shop if you do not have time to be there while we go through your clothes, but ALL clothes must be picked up within 7 days of dropping them off. If your items are not picked up, all items are donated to a charity of our choice. We usually donate to the women’s shelter, or St. Vincent DePaul.
- Clothes that come in damp from being in a garage, or with a strong smell of smoke from a smoking home will be declined.